Thanks to the VECTROSTAR R principle, the user obtains the maximum torque at very low speed (starting of locked and loaded machines can be accomplished). Start-up current for slip-ring motors from 0,5 to 1,5 rated current in.
- Drastic decrease in start-up overcurrent.
- Adjustement of maximum torque with minimum current.
- Suppression of mechanical shocks through a constant acceleration torque and progressive speed increase.
- Enables a number of start-ups in a row without any possible damage to the resistivity.
- Suitable for a wide range of motors allowing motor and machines changes
ADVANTAGES – SMOOTHESS
The continuous and controlled decrease in rotor resistance provides start-ups without mechanical snatches.
The dosage of the electrolyte allows a perfect adaptation of VECTROSTAR R to the operating environment of the motor (resistant torque, inertia, load, etc…). The duration of the start-up depends on the dosage of the electrolyte, as well as on the adjustment of the flow valve which controls the electrolyte flow entering the start-up tank.
The electrolyte reserve tank is large enough to allow an efficient circulation into the start-up upper tank. Subsequent start-ups can be made without changing their characteristics.
The VECTROSTAR R envelope provides an electrical insulation, except for Vectrostar from R 1500 up to R 4000 which have to be earth connected).
A thermostat monitors the electrolyte temperature inside the start-up tanks.
IP 569 protection, corrosion resistant equipment, limited maintenance is required. The starters from Vectrostar R 1500 to R 4000 are built in stainless stell. 5AISI 304L as a standard).
RELIABILITY AND MAINTENANCE
- Low operating temperature minimizes electrolytic fluid maintenance.
- Anti-corrosive electrodes eliminate oxidation and breakage.
- Unit can be installed in any location. Harsh environments are not a problem.
- Standard unit controls permit full automation of start-ups.
Installation flexibility and low maintenance make the VECTROSTAR very economical.
|Slipring motor (kW)
|AND UP TO 6000 kW ON REQUEST – R1500P – R2500P – R4000 – R4000P|
|Rotor voltage indicative (Volts)||600||600||800||800||800||850||850||2000||3000|
VECTROSTAR R : ELECTRICAL DIAGRAM
This electrical diagram is not exhaustive. We can propose different options and supply the specific electrical diagram you could require.