Motor control resistor
Resistors make an important contribution to the control of high power electric motors and are used for starting, braking and speed control.
Their main role is to limit the starting current for motors used in applications such as compressors, pumps andventilators. Simplicity, reliability and strength, are the main requirements of resistors used with electronic systems.
METAL DEPLOYE RESISTOR offer :
- Rotoric resistors
- Statoric resistors
- Electrolytic starters
- Starting resistors for direct current motors
Rotoric resistors are often used for the starting asynchonous slip ring motors (for exemple, cranes, crushers, fans,compressors, pumps…)
Our resistors are calculated individually using the following data :
– Power (kW) – Rotor Voltage – Rotor current
– Number of start-up steps
– Peak at the first step Ts/Tflc
– Start-up time or inertia of the machine being driven and speed
– High duty service
– Number and duration of starts/hour
– Contactors can be integrate
Statoric resistors are often used to start asynchonous squirrel cage motors (for exemple, centrifugal pumps). The using of statoric resistors ensures a better protection of the motors.
Standard statoric resistors :
– Power from 0 up to 600 kW
– Start-up time : 6, 8, 12, 15 and 30 seconds
– 2 consecutive starts or 10 starts/hour
For more details, please do not hesitate to contact us or ask for a quote.