Why do you need to discharge a battery?
By discharging a battery using a discharge bank, this will allow to:
- Regenerate the battery
- Test DC generators
- Check its power
- Estimate its capacity and reliability
- Improve its lifespan
METAL DEPLOYE RESISTOR offers a wide range of load and discharge banks:
- for the battery maintenance and testing in different industries, environments and fields of application.
- and also the discharge data recording with precise curves and analyses.
A question of safety and improvement of the lifespan
Discharges the batteries to ensure their full capacity
Direct current is very present through the batteries. It is often found in
- the binding sectors of activity like the navy or tankers.
- in embedded systems as on ships for example.
Depending on the different uses, it is necessary to regularly discharge the batteries to ensure their full capacity .
Additional regulatory constraints
Unlike alternating current, there are many more standards for direct current, hence the additional necessary care.
A challenge for any type of battery
For all types of battery, it is important to discharge them:
- During the transport phase : in particular lithium-ion
- For safety reasons : electrification-electrocution by direct contact, generation of sparks etc …
- To optimize their capacity : lead-acid or nickel Cadmium batteries, and even lithium, are sensitive to the memory effect which reduces their capacity.
The battery test bank is therefore a relevant solution to reduce these harmful effects and ensure optimal safety of your equipment. As a bonus, this will have a beneficial effect both economically and environmentally .
A range of discharge banks to optimize your batteries
METAL DEPLOYE RESISTOR offers a complete range of discharge banks which are:
- mobile and easy to transport : depending on the model, we offer transport handles , road trailers, etc.
- easy to use : The design of these load banks allows the battery capacity to be checked easily
- programmable : our load banks ensure the programming of a regulated charge and discharge current.
METAL DEPLOYE RESISTOR, is at your disposal to define the specific parameters related to your needs in battery test or battery maintenance.