Discharges the batteries to ensure their full capacity
Direct current is very present through the batteries. It is often found in
- the binding sectors of activity like the navy or tankers.
- in embedded systems as on ships for example.
Depending on the different uses, it is necessary to regularly discharge the batteries to ensure their full capacity .
Additional regulatory constraints
Unlike alternating current, there are many more standards for direct current, hence the additional necessary care.
A challenge for any type of battery
For all types of battery, it is important to discharge them:
- During the transport phase : in particular lithium-ion
- For safety reasons : electrification-electrocution by direct contact, generation of sparks etc …
- To optimize their capacity : lead-acid or nickel Cadmium batteries, and even lithium, are sensitive to the memory effect which reduces their capacity.
The battery test bank is therefore a relevant solution to reduce these harmful effects and ensure optimal safety of your equipment. As a bonus, this will have a beneficial effect both economically and environmentally .